Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexTwo

Using Subscription without Roku

I've subscribed to Paramount+ through Roku.  But now I got a non-Roku tv that has Paramount+,  but I don't know what password to use, as Roku is not showing or allowing to change Paramount+ password in subscriptions.  When using Roku password Paramount+ says it's invalid.  Do I need to cancel my subscription in Roku and create a new account with Paramount+ directly?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Using Subscription without Roku

Probably, but try this (I know it works for Peacock).  Go to the Paramount+ site and try to sign in using the email address that's associated with your Roku account.  Choose the "forgot password" option and you may get an email from them to reset your password.  If you can establish a password then you should have everything you need to sign in on another device.

Please reply with whether it worked or not.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Using Subscription without Roku

I keep repeating this: NEVER sign up for streaming services through a 3rd party if at all possible. Although you might be able to get it to work, keep it simple and just sign up DIRECTLY with the service through the WEB SITE. Signing up through a 3rd party, including a phone "store" (Apple app store, Google Play) could invoke the 30% tax on the service. By directly signing up, 100% of your money goes to the service, and it's easy to use it on many different devices without jumping through hoops.