Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liz66

Unauthorized billing by Roku. Anyone else having these problems?

I used to have plain Hulu.  Then suddenly it was Roku for Hulu and went from $6.99 to around $22.  Then other things I was charged for like Roku for Warner Media (which I don’t even know what that is and I never signed up for it).  I have closed two of these by unsubscribing but $22 Roku for Hulu keeps being billed to my credit card.  My cc company is disputing it.  Has anyone else had these problems?  I don’t trust Roku now.

13 REPLIES 13
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unauthorized billing by Roku. Anyone else having these problems?

@Liz66 

It's not Roku doing it.

Scammers will obtain payment card information and submit charges, using false information in the description. Right now, streaming services are used a lot by these scammers. They falsely put information such as Hulu, Disney, Warner, HBO, Discovery, Roku, and other.

If you've confirmed there is no subscription on your Roku Subscriptions page, then Roku did not bill you, but rather a scammer did.

Which means your payment card is compromised. You'll probably have to deal with all that as well.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Liz66, we're here to help and are happy to look into this! It looks like you are being billed for Hulu and want the subscription to end. @DBDukes made a good point that if you did not find the subscription on your subscription page, it may not be coming from Roku. To confirm this, we'll reach out through direct message to cover this information. Please keep an eye out for our message so we can further assist.

Pat10

I have also had multiple problems with unauthorized billing by Roku.  It says it is from Roku, but there are no subscriptions when I check it out.  It is soooo frustrating.  It's up to about $60.  I have contacted my bank to file a report and have changed my card.  Hopefully this will help.

0 Kudos
Clare1

I'm having same charges for Roku Warner media. What is it & his do I cancel. $14.99 each month.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Clare1, it's HBO Max.  You can manage your Roku subscriptions at https://my.roku.com

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
shar49shar

I  am getting billed the last 2 months 5.99 for subscriptions I don't have. It says that I have no subscriptions , so why am I being billed?

Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @shar49shar, we saw your post about the $5.99 charge you've been receiving. We're here to help you figure out what's going on.

We're going to send you a PM. Please keep an eye on your inbox for us to help further.

0 Kudos
Jessa87

I just had a message that I will be charged on august 9th for a subscription I don’t even have, it’s been inactive for a year. So I’m gonna have to contact customer support bc that ain’t about to happen, something is definitely up, perhaps people are scamming through Roku 🤦🏻‍♀️

0 Kudos
brdownie62

Hello,

I too have had a charge of $8.99 the last two month's on my payment card that says it's from Rock, Inc.

It's not one of my subscriptions, so I'm trying to find out where it's coming from.  All I have on my statement is a transaction ID, which is generated by the card company.

Is there a way to find out what Roku account this is associated with, or better yet the company that is charging me?

Thank you.

0 Kudos