Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillyBobSeattle
Channel Surfer

Subscription not on account

I keep getting charged for Peacock and it isn't on my subscriptions.  So I can't stop the charges.  and there is no way to break through these ridiculous questions on the website to actually get an answer.  This has been going on for months.  I can't unsubscribe  because I am not subscribed!  

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Subscription not on account

@BillyBobSeattle Can you login to Peacock?  If the Peacock subscription is not listed when you login to your Roku account on a computer the charge is not from Roku and they will not be able to help you.  Do you possibly have two Roku accounts or did you or someone with your credit card information subscribe to Peacock from another source.  If you can not find the subscription when you login to your Roku account and can't login to Peacock you should probably contact your financial institution and dispute the charges.

AreReatha

I've also subscribed to peacock and several other apps that are not listed on my account. I also have been cut short on paid monthly subscriptions. I'm not sure what is happening either but l feel slighted by roku.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@AreReatha If the subscriptions are not listed on your Roku account you likely subscribed from another source.  I don't know what you mean when you say you have been cut short on paid monthly subscriptions.  Did the subscription stop working prior to the end of your 30 day period?  If you subscribe to something like Peacock for example from Peacock itself this subscription will not be listed on your Roku account.  When you login to an app like Peacock and go to your account settings you should be able to see where your subscription is from.

0 Kudos
BillyBobSeattle
Channel Surfer

My financial institution says to contact Roku.  The one person who offered to help me is at the state consumer protection service.   We will see if they have any luck.  I would recommend that everyone do the same thing if it is a financial issue.

0 Kudos
sfosteen

Unfortunately I don't have a solution because I am having exactly the same issue.  At least I receive an email response from Peacock but they don't have the credit card number that is charged.  The merchant listed on my credit card charge is "Roku for Peacock TV LLC" 816-2728107 DE.  I called the number and it is just a recording to go to support.roku.com. 

I went to support.roku.com and clicked on "Question about a charge" and the response is "We didn't find any purchases associated with this Roku account". 

I next clicked on "Question about a subscription" and the response was "We didn't find any subscriptions for this account".  I clicked on the hyperlink "For further support, contact us" and got an infinite spin, never provided a chat box or phone number to call, NOTHING!

So the support link is completely worthless.  Worst customer service setup I've experienced.

There is not a way to speak to a human being or even leave a chat message with Roku.  I'll try do dispute with my financial institution first but they require that I first contact the merchant,  Roku, so I'm in a Catch 22. 

I'll take the advice to go the the state consumer protection agency or possibly just cancel the credit card.

Open to any suggestions.  Wonder if anyone from Roku actually looks at these forums.

0 Kudos