Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skcozby

Starz Promotion not being honored through Roku

I've been on and off hold with Roku Customer Service for nearly an hour in which they they claim " Starz Promotion ended" and that's why I'm being billed the full amount for Starz Subscription. 

However checking with Starz this is wildly incorrect. As a a previous Starz customer nearly a year ago. I was offered to "Renew" my subscription with the promotional offer of $2.99 a month and $8.99 a month thereafter.

I was immediately charged the full amount and ROKU Customer Service has no accurate information whatsoever.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: Starz Promotion not being honored through Roku

Hey @skcozby, we see you're having an issue with your STARZ subscription. We can look into this for you!
We want to note that certain promotions are offered by the channel partner directly and will not come into effect if Roku is not doing the promotion as well.
We'll send you a PM shortly to help you out better.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Starz Promotion not being honored through Roku

My guess on this, and it's only a guess, is that Starz may have made this offer for those subscribing directly with Starz.  They may or may not have authorized 3rd parties like Roku, Hulu, Sling, etc. to have extended a similar offer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos