Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ttint

Signing into Disney Plus on other devices

I've signed up for Disney Plus through Roku. Is it true that I can't access Disney Plus on my other non-Roku devices (e.g. laptop or Ipad)? I'm paying for Disney plus!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Signing into Disney Plus on other devices

You can find out in a hurry.  Go to https://www.paramountplus.com/home/ and see if you can log in.

I don't know about Disney Plus specifically, but when you subscribe to premium subscriptions through 3rd party systems like Roku, Amazon, Hulu, etc, your accounts are with that 3rd party acting as an agent for the channel, not with the channel itself. There maybe some exceptions but these are typically only viewable via the 3rd party service through which you subscribed. In Roku's case, many are viewed via The Roku Channel.

If you want to view on all platforms supported by that channel you typically must subscribe directly with the channel via its web page then use its dedicated app for each platform, authenticating via the credentials you established with the channel account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
desand222

Re: Signing into Disney Plus on other devices

Thank you for posting this. It is very good information and in my case a reminder. If you sign via a streaming service (ie Roku, Amazon Prime) you often can't access the service via another platform. I found this to be true with Paramount+. After having signed up via Prime I was unable to stream on my Roku TV. By signing up directly with the Paramount+ website, I am now able to utilize the service (and full membership features) on all my devices including Roku tv.

0 Kudos