Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jvimie
Reel Rookie

Roku scamming me out of hundreds of dollars

Roku has doubled up on my subscriptions multiple times and is currently trying to force me to purchase an ESPN+ subscription when I already have a yearly on purchased through iTunes. Roku support has ignored me for over a month now and every time I ask to speak to a manager I never hear back. I was charged for two yearly subscriptions to BKFC and since I didn’t catch it within 60 days they refused to refund my money. They also charged me for three MAX subscriptions. No help. Is anyone else experiencing this? Has anyone had any luck ever talking to a human that solved anything at roku? 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku scamming me out of hundreds of dollars

Hi @Jvimie,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having problems with your billing and subscription. To be better assisted, we recommend you contact our Accounts and Billing team since they are the specialized department to best cater to your inquiry. To contact them, kindly refer to this link here. Select the Accounts and Billing option to be directed to their contact information.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Jvimie Login to your Roku account on a computer or phone and check your subscriptions.  Any subscriptions being charged to you by Roku will be listed.  Are you sure you do not have more than one email address associated with a Roku account?  As far as the ESPN+ subscription I never purchase a subscription from a third party like Apple or Roku because it often will not work on other devices.  

0 Kudos
xxx403

I am having a similar problem being billed for a subscription that I do not have.  I am being charged every month but yet the Roku subscription page says that I do not have a subscription.  I clicked on the link you provided, but there is no "Account and Billing" option to access.  Additionally, when I click on "Contact us" the page does not load and only has the spinning circle.  How do I stop being billed for a non-existent subscription??

0 Kudos
Jvimie
Reel Rookie

I have two roku TVs and only one doesn’t recognize my subscription. It doesn’t have anything listed in my billing subscriptions anymore but caught them charging me for two MAX, and BKFC subscriptions. TWO! 

0 Kudos
Jvimie
Reel Rookie

Hey Eunice, I’ve contacted multiple times. Yesterday for the fourth time I was promised a call back from a manager and have not received a call back. It’s been over a month of ROKU dodging my calls. This company is really going down the drain. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @xxx403,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we're sincerely sorry about this. We want to ask you to send us a private message so we'll be able to proceed with the necessary steps to address this. To message us, select the name of a user. Once redirected to the profile, select the option "Send this user a private message."

We look forward to you reaching out to us privately once more.

Have a great day,

Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Jvimie On each of your Roku TVs go to settings>system>about and check your email address.  They should be exactly the same.  If they are I would try a factory reset on the TV that does not recognize your subscription.  I don't like to do a factory reset because you will have to login to many of your apps when you restart the TV but I am out of other ideas.  

0 Kudos
Jvimie
Reel Rookie

Thanks HDMI guy- I’ve already spent a couple hours on the phone with tech support and tried all of these routes and still no luck. 

0 Kudos