Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JW75
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku's no refund policy for accidental purchases

Jump to solution

Yes, I am co tacting my state AG, as well as congressman.  They need to understand how these tech companies are entering contracts with minors amd robbimg theirnparents. The fix is simple but they wont do it unless they get busted.

HzlSteph
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is so lucky and im glad it worked for you! It truly shows it IS possible yet they just dont want to. I had my 1-year-old, almost 2,  click around and purchase ESPN+. I dont even care for such channel and sadly they will not refund me. I had NO idea how bad Roku was in the customer serivce department and how rare courtesy refunds are. I truly hope to have my refund after a final email I just sent. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yeah follow up with support and still get charged for something I didn’t order. So glad your support helps people by saying “sorry can’t help you “ 

0 Kudos
HzlSteph
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I judt want to update that after sending another email asking for a courtesy kindly and that the reality is if they cant help me as their customer, I will be looking around for another provider with better customer service as well as contacting my credit card company since this was not a purchase I approved at all and would have them file a claim for me. Im glad to say Roku did reply nicely and offered a courtesy full refund which I very much appreciate. I now have a PIN so my toddler wont purchase random things lol 

0 Kudos
JW75
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

They didn't care to help me. Not sure why they chose to help you.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Frustrated1231,

Thanks for the message.

Our support team responded via email recently. Please check your email from our support team, they will be assisting you from there. 
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Wandalee

Jump to solution

What is there email ? My 8 year old accidentally purchased the premium package and I’m not sure how much it is a month I know they took 30 dollars a min ago 

0 Kudos
JW75
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

They don't care about that, waste of your time. Better contacting consumer affairs in your state and your congressmen. These people are in ot for the money.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Wandalee,

We appreciate your post.

We would highly recommend creating a Roku PIN for your account to avoid any further unwanted purchases on your Roku account in the future. For more information about using a Roku PIN, visit our Support page here: How do I create or update the PIN (Personal ... - Roku

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team. Please contact them directly at https://support.roku.com/contactus. Choose the option from the drop-down menu for "Questions about my account or billing," and you'll be able to send an email request there.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
JW75
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

A PIN shoukd be automatic unless you opt out. It shoukdnt come with pin deactivated. Other products you have to shut off pin. Or at least a clear warning that it is super easy to download gambling games and spend a small fortune on them for 5 year olds.

0 Kudos