Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAllen

Resetting NEW ROKU 4K streaming stick

I Have to keep resetting Roku 4K Stick every 3 or 4 days on my new Vizio TV but when I put it on my LG it works FINE and when I put THE ONE THAT WAS ON MY LG on MY NEW Vizio TV it has to be reset every 3 to 4 days. I bought BOTH ROKU 4K Streaming Sticks at the same time. But 30 days has past I was lazy installing them. I've asked ROKU for help and for 2 weeks they SAID THEY ARE GOING TO REPLACE THE ONE. I am ASKING THE ROKU COMMUNITY HOW LONG DO I NEED TO WAIT!!

SO,  I write to this "so called" company" after I did everything I could think of to get there piece of faulty equipment to work. I am writing to a Mr. Moses now who gave me a ticket #5867217 which will in turn give me this MAGICAL  RMA which is a REPLACEMENT for the ROKU 4K stick. Oh, you are going to LOVE THIS:  So, I waited patiently for 3 business days and on the 4 day I received an email saying that since they hadn’t heard from me lately … they figured my case was resolved … WTH … now first thing I do is send an email to Mr. Moses asking where’s my REPLACEMENT STICK along with my signature. I honestly think this company has lost it’s ETHICS and how to treat people. They are all just ego maniacs out for a quick dollar and they’ll step on all of us to get what they want. Well, kids I am from the old school where your word meant something. When you say you’re sending a replacement for something it should not take 3 weeks so just to get the approval. It was less than 50 dollars. Lord if they need it that bad quit telling me they are sending it. Be HONEST AND JUST SAY YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO EAT IT OLD MAN. I would respect them more for that than this **bleep**. I am just ticked with ROKU AND THE LIES

How long does it take for someone to get that ticket? 

How long do I have to wait to receive the replacement ROKU piece of _____. When I should have gone with GOOGLE. 

MALLEN

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Resetting NEW ROKU 4K streaming stick

Hi @MAllen

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

It looks like our team sent you an email today. We recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Resetting NEW ROKU 4K streaming stick

@MAllen-

I suspect this is the cause of your problem:

Starting with Roku operating system version 10.5, Roku added a "Power" item in the "Settings > System" menu for some of the newer Roku devices. The new "Auto power savings" item there will put your Roku device into a low power standby condition after a period of inactivity, such as when your TV has been turned off for a while.

Pressing a Roku control key (like the Home button) on your Roku remote (not Power, Volume, or Mute buttons if your remote has them, as they act on the TV, not the Roku) should bring the Roku out of standby and back to full operation. Pulling the power for a few seconds to restart the Roku will restore full operation as well.

If you disable "Settings > System > Power > Auto power savings" it should prevent your Roku from going into standby in the first place. The power savings are not that great and for the hassle it causes, I don't think it's worth having this feature activated.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos