Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheDarkMedic
Reel Rookie

ROKU AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED ME

Jump to solution

I got a charge on my card saying I paid 10 dollars for a subscription while I never did that, it literally automatically subscribed to it for me. Please let me know why is that the case and how can I remove my card from the ROKU device I don’t trust it anymore 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Re: ROKU AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED ME

Jump to solution

Relax calm down first of all. No one automatically charged you for anything. Log into your Roku account and see if you see anything listed under subscriptions. If you see a subscription for something then you must’ve signed up for it it doesn’t happen on its own. If you don’t see any subscriptions and there’s a fraudulent charge on your card that did not come from Roku. Your banking statement will shell what’s the charge is for and it’s more than just Roku. You might have started a trial for something and I try expired and I got charged. You can go into your Roku account and remove your credit card from there. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Relax calm down first of all. No one automatically charged you for anything. Log into your Roku account and see if you see anything listed under subscriptions. If you see a subscription for something then you must’ve signed up for it it doesn’t happen on its own. If you don’t see any subscriptions and there’s a fraudulent charge on your card that did not come from Roku. Your banking statement will shell what’s the charge is for and it’s more than just Roku. You might have started a trial for something and I try expired and I got charged. You can go into your Roku account and remove your credit card from there. 

TheDarkMedic
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That's the funny thing I never signed up for anything and it was charged for Starz and for that I never installed that channel.

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Is the Starz subscription in your Roku account?

0 Kudos