Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid credit card for set up

I don't want to put my credit card on here, so can I use a pre paid Visa Card instead?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Prepaid credit card for set up

@lisahuckabee Some people have reported just hitting continue when you get to the part about the credit card.  I am not sure if that works.  I don't think using a pre paid Visa Card will work but you can try.  The worse that can happen is it will not accept it.  I would recommend using a normal credit card and then after the setup is complete login to your account on a computer or phone and select the tab payment method update.  Then scroll to the bottom of the page and select remove payment method.  You do not need a credit card linked to your account to access anything on Roku.  You just can't purchase subscriptions through Roku which I don't do because I have multiple streaming devices and subscriptions purchased from Roku often do not work on other devices.  I subscribe directly from the provider for all of my subscriptions.

0 Kudos