Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coreybryant
Channel Surfer

Paramount Plus Subscription

Jump to solution

I subscribed to Paramount Plus and one other streaming service via my Roku account.   Do I have a unique username / password to said streaming services?  I attempted to sign on the Paramount Plus website but no account was found.  How can I manage my accounts on the pertinent websites if I signed up via Roku?  Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount Plus Subscription

Jump to solution

@coreybryant wrote:

... How can I manage my accounts on the pertinent websites if I signed up via Roku? ...

You have discovered the drawback of subscribing through Roku Pay. You're pretty much limited to using it on Roku.

Direct subscriptions to a service can be used on Roku and all other devices. In your case, you would cancel on the Roku Subscriptions page (you can still use it until the subscription expires) and when you're ready, subscribe directly with Paramount Plus. You'll be able to log in with your Paramount Plus credentials then, on Roku and on any other device (to include Web browser).

Or, just always watch via Roku. Those are your choices.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@coreybryant wrote:

... How can I manage my accounts on the pertinent websites if I signed up via Roku? ...

You have discovered the drawback of subscribing through Roku Pay. You're pretty much limited to using it on Roku.

Direct subscriptions to a service can be used on Roku and all other devices. In your case, you would cancel on the Roku Subscriptions page (you can still use it until the subscription expires) and when you're ready, subscribe directly with Paramount Plus. You'll be able to log in with your Paramount Plus credentials then, on Roku and on any other device (to include Web browser).

Or, just always watch via Roku. Those are your choices.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

ferretgirl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That was not the answer I was hoping for.  I have paramount plus through my roku subscriptions, am pet sitting and was trying to log into my paramount plus through their smart tv and I can't get it to work. That really stinks, but thank you for the help.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@ferretgirl 

If it's a Roku TV, they could put it in Guest Mode, which would allow you to download the app and log in that way, using your Roku credentials.

If the smart TV is a different platform, this isn't possible. You would have to bring your own Roku with you (set up at home first, possibly a Roku stick). And, you'd need access to the wireless network as well.

But you've discovered the drawback of subscribing via Roku, as opposed to subscribing directly to any service.

DBDukes

0 Kudos