Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: One Roku account, but I live in two different locations

@Fox88 

Are both Roku devices on the same Roku account?

On each, go to Settings > System > About

See the email address? Is it the same on both devices?

And, from your Roku account, if you log in to your account page, then scroll all the way down, are both Roku devices listed?

If not, there's your problem.

You subscribed to a service via Roku Channel. And, that's tied to your Roku account. Different Roku account, no subscription.

If this is what's going on, then you should either:

1. Tie both Roku devices to the same Roku account, or
  2. Don't subscribe through Roku; rather, subscribe directly to the service and use those credentials to log in.

If they are on the same Roku account, there needs to be more troubleshooting.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
DellStreamer
Streaming Star

@DBDukes  Exactly what I said except checking the email address under settings/system/about would involve driving from CA to OR. Since each device is in a different state. But it’s clear that he is using 2 different Roku accounts. One for each device. Maybe a friend or family member can assist him?

0 Kudos
Fox88
Binge Watcher

No, there is no one that can assist me at the ca house. Isn't there someone at Roku that could assist me?

0 Kudos
DellStreamer
Streaming Star

@Fox88  We are all trying to help you. It’s just hard when your not physically in front of the person. We have all given you tips and advice of things to look at and how to fix it. What it seems like to me is that both of your Roku devices are using a different account. I know this because if you log into your Roku account you should see both Rokus under linked devices. The fact that you don’t means both are not using the same account. That intern is creating the problem that you see. But it’s going to involve going back and forth between both houses. Not sure how far of a drive it is. You don’t need to sign up for Starz through your Roku account either. You can cancel your seven day trial through your Roku account. Go to Starz.com. Create an account and then download the Starz channel to your Roku. What ever channel you download will be automatically synced to your other Roku. But in your case this is not happening which is indicating that both of your Roku devices are using different accounts. So you need to straighten that out yourself. Are you in California or Oregon right now? Is Starz the channel you definitely want and need?

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

@Fox88 we have sent an email out to the email address you provided in this thread. Please check your inbox for a message from us so that we can further assist. If you have any issues with this definitely let us know!

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Fox88   I will try to keep this simple.  If you are in Oregon login to your Roku account.  Is the linked device that says living room in Oregon or California?  If it is in California then do a factory reset of the device in Oregon and use the email address you used to login to your Roku account.  Both devices should show under your linked devices.  Then Starz should work in Oregon.  The downside of doing a factory reset is you will have to login to all of yours apps again on the device in Oregon.

DellStreamer
Streaming Star

@HDMIGuy  Good advice. I thought you cannot change the email address from within your Roku settings. It was under my impression that you have to do a factory reset to change the email address in your Roku device settings 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@DellStreamer  My error you are correct.  To change the email address he will need to do a factory reset.  I will edit my post.

DellStreamer
Streaming Star

@HDMIGuy  Good try. We are all trying to help. But unfortunately remote assistance is not always the best way to help someone. That’s why I mentioned if a family member, friend or even a neighbor could assist 

Fox88
Binge Watcher

In the most simple terms, tell me specifically what someone at the CA home will need to do to unravel this mystery

0 Kudos