Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
max_headless
Channel Surfer

Not able to unlink device

Jump to solution

Have 2 devices showing under my account that I need to remove as they no longer exist but when I click on “unlink” option nothing happens.

I'm using Chrome on my iPhone to view my account, so if this issue is one where the functionality is browser or device specific, that’s pretty asinine.

edit: even this forum backend is poor because when I go to ‘add devices’ to this post it doesn’t find a 2yr 55S405 model but it found the 6yr old Premiere+ just fine

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Not able to unlink device

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe this issue has been resolved. If you are still experiencing an issue, please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing so we can investigate further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Zukozone

How to unlink a device from my Roku account

Jump to solution

The unlink buttons doesnt work right now

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: How to unlink a device from my Roku account

Jump to solution

@Zukozone Doing a factory reset on the device will unlink the device from your account.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm have the exact same issue and customer service was no help. They took my information and said they would get back to me if they found a solution.

0 Kudos
max_headless
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Explains why Roku stock has tanked by 80%. Company has gone from top of the heap to the bottom of the barrel.

0 Kudos
sda1

Jump to solution

Having the same issue here: tried various browsers and os combos (and mobile) but the "Unlink" option does nothing for any of my devices.  Looks completely broken. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku hasn't mastered this newfangled Internet thing.  If it doesn't work on a phone try a computer or vice versa.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ehbu

Re: How to unlink a device from my Roku account

Jump to solution

Does anyone know when it will work again?

0 Kudos
krawfish82

Jump to solution
  • Same problem

I thought that I was doing something wrong but, after trying to perform this seemingly simple action on multiple browsers then reading FAQ's & community posts, it's pretty clear the problem stems from Roku. Apparently they're in no hurry to fix the problem. I thought Roku was all about customer service. So, they are either INCOMPETENT or they just DON'T GIVE **bleep**!

REDRAY

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Also can't rename or change the location of a device.