Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyE
Channel Surfer

Not able to log into OAN Live and Discovery Plus

For some reason, I can not log into OAN Live or Discovery +

And I forgot my passwords... so I guess I need to reset the credentials....

How do I do this?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not able to log into OAN Live and Discovery Plus

@TonyE-

I expect you need to log into your account on each channel's website.  They probably have a "forgot password" option.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
TonyE
Channel Surfer

I don't see it...

0 Kudos
TonyE
Channel Surfer

OAN doesn't work like that...   they don't recognize the account when it went through Roku... so it's a Roku issue.

I also don't know about Discovery Plus.

I may have to cancel the subscriptions and try something different.   No sense is paying for something I can not use!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TonyE

Thanks for the posts.

If you subscribed to those channels through Roku, have you tried access those channel's content through The Roku Channel to see if you have access, and not through the channel directly?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TonyE
Channel Surfer

(1) OAN is not available in the Roku Channel

(2) I see Discovery Channel stuff on the Roku Channel, but it has commercials.  We pay to avoid commercials!

Given that we subscribed and are billed via Roku, I fully expect to reset our credentials via Roku, otherwise what value do you provide?

Is our only option to cancel these subscriptions and go directly to OAN and Discovery?

Please advice.

Tonu

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@TonyE, if you subscribe through Roku you never need to enter any credentials.  Your subscription is only good on Roku devices and only on Roku devices linked to the one account where the subscription was initiated.  There is no "resetting credentials" as it doesn't make any sense.  The channel/app should check with Roku's servers when it starts to see if you have a subscription through Roku.

It's not exactly clear what you're trying to do, but if you're trying to use your Roku-based subscription on a non-Roku device or on a Roku device that's not linked to the proper Roku account it's not possible.

To answer your last question, if it was me that's exactly what I'd do.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TonyE
Channel Surfer

I signed up via Roku with the built in option to sign up.

Whenever I log into OAN, it checks my email address (account name) and password.

We have three Rokus.   Over the weekend, I shut one of them down for a while, so it lost the password...  now, when I try to log in, I forget the password.

We have three Rokus, the others work fine.

Discovery Plus is not working... I get Discovery channels but they have commercials, even though we paid the premium not to have commercials.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TonyE

Thanks for the follow up.
It would probably be best for our Support team to insist you further regarding the issue you are experiencing. Please reach out to our Support team directly here for your 'Account, payments & subscriptions' issue. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos