Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fwiler
Reel Rookie

My wife's credit card charged with Roku Peacock even after changing credit card and no Roku account

Jump to solution

My wife has been charged monthly by Roku for Peacock TV LLC every month on her credit card.

Credit card company has reissued card 3 times now because she disputed charge, and yet charges keep popping up each month.

My wife does not have a Roku account under her email address so there is no way to look for a subscription.  Our Roku is under my email address and I have no billing information saved and have never ordered anything from Roku.  My account shows no subscriptions or payments under any timeline.

How can she stop this Roku for Peacock TV being charged each month when she has no account with Roku?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: My wife's credit card charged with Roku Peacock subscription even after changing credit card

Jump to solution

Hello @fwiler

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: My wife's credit card charged with Roku Peacock subscription even after changing credit card

Jump to solution

Hello @fwiler

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
fwiler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unfortunately you can't do what you say because my wife has no Roku account and has never had one.

Credit card company confirmed charge was from Roku and not a scam.

You have no contact information for billing except a web based form.  I'll let you on a little secret.

IT WON'T LET ME CONTACT SUPPORT FOR A BILLING ISSUE BECAUSE MY ACCOUNT DOESN'T HAVE ANY TRANSACTIONS, "We found 0 invoices in your account" AND MY WIFE DOESN'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT.  SO NO EMAIL CAN BE SENT TO ROKU.

TELL ME HOW TO STOP ROKU FROM CHARGING CREDIT CARD!

0 Kudos
fwiler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It gets even better.

When I try to send a support request, under 'Other' sense I can't do billing, I get.. "There was an error submitting your request. Please try again."

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @fwiler,

Thanks for following up.

I understand from your message that you are billed even your wife doesn't have a Roku account. Your payment method might have been added to another Roku account. And Roku will not be able to take further action unless we found the correct account you are being billed from. In this case, we suggest that you contact your bank/financial institution to report this unrecognized charge. They will best be able to assist you with securing your payment method and bank account to prevent any further unrecognized charges.

For more information, see this additional resource: What to do if there is a charge you do not recognize | Official Roku Support
If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Roku Support or keep us posted here.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and we are working on ways to better improve this process.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Tonya0786

Re: My wife's credit card charged with Roku Peacock even after changing credit card and no Roku acco

Jump to solution

Wow!!

This just happen to my Dad! I have been searching on this site and trying to find help since 9am this morning. I have googled ways, so I signed into my account to see if maybe there was someone else with same issue that had a resolution to get this resolve for him.. He has never owned a Roku and has never set up a roku account.

He has verified with his bank that it is not a scam and it was taken out of his account by roku. This is BS that it is so difficult to reach someone!! At this point I consider them theives and I am done searching now that I have seen your post and it looks as if it still has not been resolved. I will be calling my daddy's bank to advice them that we tried to reach out to Roku and was not successful!!

Our Banker said she can file a claim for fraudulent charges actions against roku, start an investigation and handle it from there, and will put the money back into his account without any issues.. however, he will have to cancel his card and wait on a new one which is a huge inconvenience but we got to do what we got to do unfortunately. I have no idea how Roku could have even got his card number. I am really wanting to talk to a live human to ask so many questions! 

I hope your issue will be resolved soon! 

CaryMan
Reel Rookie

Re: My wife's credit card charged with Roku Peacock even after changing credit card and no Roku acco

Jump to solution

Me Too!!  Unrecognized Subscription from Peacock Premium.  I just got an email from PayPal that I authorized a payment to Roku for Peacock Premium @$5.39 per month.  Don't even use Peacock.... looked at it once or twice and its show listings.  I did add it to my roku home page.  I have cancelled EVERYTHING in Roku profile and account.  Removed all payment info.   You have seriously pissed me off Roku.

We will not do business for a pair of shoe laces.... not even a stick of gum.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Just a reminder.  When you set up your Roku account set it up so it requires a pin number for purchases.  I think that would have avoided most of the charges that people are complaining about.  If you have a Roku account login and add a pin number to make purchases.

PMlyn

Jump to solution

I have been charged almost every month for the last 6 months or so Peacock Premium. I have never subscribed. I always cancel the subscription as it shows in my Roku account. I have set up a PIN after it happened the first time. Yet another charge....

Emailed Roku with a request for an explanation. I do not expect much from Roku so the next step will be the credit card dispute

Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @PMlyn. We see that you've been having issues regarding Peacock Premium payments even after setting up a PIN. Let's dig into this together.
We'll PM you to collect more information about your case. 

@Tonya0786 @fwiler Please feel free to send us a PM if your issue is still ongoing.

0 Kudos