Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Turner1965

If roku is free why is there a person trying to get me to pay 39.00$

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: If roku is free why is there a person trying to get me to pay 39.00$

Jump to solution

Hi @Turner1965,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you informing us about someone claiming from Roku is trying to charge you and we're so sorry to hear about the experience.

Please be aware that Roku does not require an activation fee, or charge for Support of any kind. 

For more information on how to protect yourself from scams, you may refer to this Support link: How to protect yourself from activation and technical support scams | Official Roku Support

Are you still having a technical support issue? If so, let us know, we'd like to help.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: If roku is free why is there a person trying to get me to pay 39.00$

Jump to solution

Hi @Turner1965,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you informing us about someone claiming from Roku is trying to charge you and we're so sorry to hear about the experience.

Please be aware that Roku does not require an activation fee, or charge for Support of any kind. 

For more information on how to protect yourself from scams, you may refer to this Support link: How to protect yourself from activation and technical support scams | Official Roku Support

Are you still having a technical support issue? If so, let us know, we'd like to help.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos