Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RockyTheSquirre
Reel Rookie

Re: I was charged for a free screensaver, Magic Night Landscapes by OKKO. How do I get a refund?

I posted the original post. For the record and for the benefit of the helpful participants in this thread:

1. I had already set up a PIN on my account. This, however, was not activated and was sidestepped by this vendor.

2. I added NO additional charges or subscriptions. In fact, I did not even use the screensaver within which there might be additional chargeable options.

3. The item was clearly designated as FREE to add. Adding is different than advertising aka ‘ads’. And free is free. If there are charges, it must be clearly disclosed in plain language.

4. I note that since my post and your helpful observations, the item and many others have been changed by Roku to clearly reflect a $0.99 charge. To me this is a tacit acknowledgment that this was a mistake Roku is taking steps to correct.

5. As of this writing I have not received a refund for the erroneous charge.

Thanks everyone!

Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: I was charged for a free screensaver, Magic Night Landscapes by OKKO. How do I get a refund?

@RockyTheSquirre  Are you really complaining over .99 cents? Heck I’ll mail you $5 if you want it. You can simply remove your credit card from your Roku account. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Ello2022 

Comments like that are neither helpful, invited, or warranted.  I also personally do not appreciate threads I am participating in to be hijacked with this repeated, boorish behavior.   

-------

Community users are invited to seek answers to any questions or issues they are having with their Roku experience.

If you have no useful advice, knowledge, or experience to offer, please feel free to refrain from posting and exercise some personal discretion and restraint.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Clorgovan

0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @Clorgovan, we saw your post about being charged for a screensaver you did not order has been edited. If you still need assistance feel free to respond to this post or send us a message directly. We are happy to help!

0 Kudos
Rgbs_2000

I also got the same nighttime space thing and it said it was free but I got charged $9.99 and I’d like that removed but I have no idea how to get A hold of anybody the way this is set up. And I really have not figured out what everybody is saying I guess it’s just going over my head

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Rgbs_2000, It looks like you might have made an accidental purchase. But no worries, we're here to help! Please keep an eye out in your inbox for our message so we can help you out.

0 Kudos