Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting charged for Roku Warner media what’s that?

Jump to solution

How did you solve this 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I keep getting charged for Roku Warner media what’s that?

Jump to solution

@stefanied2023 it has been covered numerous times in this thread. If it's a legitimate charge from Roku, it's likely for HBO Max.

If it's not legitimate, you can log into your Roku user account (https://my.roku.com) and check for any other subscriptions there. If there is something there you no longer desire, you can cancel it on that page. If you don't see any subscriptions on your user account page, you are being billed fraudulently, and not by Roku. You need to contest the charges, and consider cancelling your credit card and getting them to issue a new one. Fraudulent charges would imply your personal information is on the dark web, and they might continue using that CC information to steal from you. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Machellecatania We need more specific information.  Are you being charged for Roku Warner Media and would like to cancel?  If so login to your Roku account using a computer and check your subscriptions.  When you find the subscription you can unsubscribe there.  If you have no subscriptions for that account, do you possibly have multiple Roku accounts?  Warner Media charge is likely for HBO Max.  Have you subscribed to HBO Max somewhere else?

0 Kudos
droberts76
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sounds like you are being scammed like me. This company sucks. I haven't ordered ANYTHING FROM THEM SINCE 2017. Yet, starting in November I began receiving charges to my online banking..."Roku for HBO, Roku for Disney, Roku for Warner, Roku for ESPN." So far all my charges are over $100. I have filed grievances with my bank. I thought it was settled but had a new charge this morning in my pending section. They should have their butts sued for ripping off innocent, hard-working people. I hope your issues have been resolved.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@droberts76 if there's nothing listed on your Roku user page for subscriptions, then Roku isn't billing you. It has been explained numerous times in this thread: thieves get your credit card info and submit bogus charges. When they do so, there's a free text field that they can enter anything they like as the billing agent, and they have been using Roku's name with great success. 

These charges are NOT coming from Roku, and because of that there's nothing Roku can do to assist someone that is being scammed. You have taken the proper steps in contesting the charges with your CC provider. I suggest going one step further, and asking your provider to cancel that card and issue you a new one. The scammers still have the info for your existing card, and they will continue attempting to bill it as long as they can. 

Dan

0 Kudos
breadgal43

Jump to solution

No sir it hasn't I have been charged 4.99 a month since March of 2022 and I'm sick of it im just gonna change my bank card or pay to have roku blocked they already said I don't have anything to be getting charged for but I'm still being charged and they are completely ripping u off 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @breadgal43,

Thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear about the unrecognized charges on your card. As mentioned in the suggested solution, our billing team will be able to assist you further with the charge. You can contact them here, then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@breadgal43 you are not listening. If there's no subscriptions listed on your Roku user account page (https://my.roku.com), then you are not being billed by Roku. It doesn't matter what your CC statement says. The scammers can put anything they want on the charge, regardless if it is true or accurate. They are using the Roku name, but they are not Roku. Your CC information has been compromised, and you need to cancel your CC and have them issue you a new one. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Wholt

Jump to solution

I just want to cancel. how can I cancel this, please? I am continuing to get billed for something that I'm not using. I just want it to cancel please

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Wholt If you have any subscriptions through Roku, you manage them on your user web account (https://my.roku.com). You can cancel them there.

If you don't find anything listed there, then Roku is not billing you. See the previous posts about how the scammers are making it look like it's Roku when it really isn't.

Dan

0 Kudos
Vesta

Jump to solution

My husband canceled the subscription 9 months ago to Roku Warner and we and yet we are still getting charged 14.99. We are also getting charged for a Roku channel for 7.99. We stopped our Internet service about six months ago we haven’t been using our Roku device since then . It is impossible to contact someone  For account & billing concerns. I have tried the support.roku.com/contacus and chose the questions about my account or a billing. And when you submit to contact us The waiting wheel just turns and turns and never actually connects to any kind of email or help. Not only is this frustrating but I feel like this is fraudulent that this is purposely done so that these problems are never fixed and Roku is just getting money from there loyal customers. I need to be able to contact and I want our money reimbursed. 

0 Kudos