Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobilekathy
Binge Watcher

I have unknown charges on my account

Jump to solution

Once again, Roku has charged us for another fraudulent Hulu account. Roku lets just anyone have access to your account information.

They even tried to blame our four year old, saying he made the charges. He is FOUR.

What an incredibly ridiculous customer support strategy. 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: I have unknown charges on my account

Jump to solution

Hello @Mobilekathy

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @dianebertges,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We recommend that you course this through our Account-Billing Support team at https://support.roku.com/contactus so they may be able to appropriately assist you with this matter. 

As advised by @RokuDanny-R from the post above, we would highly recommend creating a Roku PIN for your account to avoid any further unwanted purchases on your Roku account in the future. For more information about using a Roku PIN, visit our Support page here: How to remove the PIN for your Roku® account | Official Roku Support 

If you need any additional help we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Mobilekathy

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mobilekathy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
Who do you think I've been talking to for the last 90 minutes?

What have they done to fix this? NOTHING.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Do you have a PIN on your account?  If you don't have a PIN, it would be easy for a child to subscribe to a channel.  If you already have a PIN, then the next step might be to just remove your payment method from your Roku account.

Mobilekathy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My child is FOUR. 

And the express Roku we have  - unless he puts in an entire email address and navigates to the account screen and then adds a streaming service....which is something a FOUR YEAR OLD cannot do.

It's a little myopic to think that is the problem rather than face the fact that for the SECOND time this year, ROKU has provided someone access to our account.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mobilekathy 

Thanks for the post.

As previously stated in this thread, in order to prevent unwanted purchases, it's always best to add a PIN to your Roku account.

For more information about adding a PIN to your Roku account, visit our Support page here: Create or update your account PIN

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

TODAY YOU CHARGED ME NFL $99.99.  I WANT TO CANCEL IT AND REFUND MONIES TO MY CARD.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @dianebertges,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We recommend that you course this through our Account-Billing Support team at https://support.roku.com/contactus so they may be able to appropriately assist you with this matter. 

As advised by @RokuDanny-R from the post above, we would highly recommend creating a Roku PIN for your account to avoid any further unwanted purchases on your Roku account in the future. For more information about using a Roku PIN, visit our Support page here: How to remove the PIN for your Roku® account | Official Roku Support 

If you need any additional help we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ray1185

Jump to solution

I have the same problem and can't seem to find a way to contact anyone.   How did you get it resolved?

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ray1185, we're happy to look into your account and any subscriptions you have to identify what charge you're seeing. Since we will be covering your account information, we will be sending you a private message here on the Roku Community. Please be sure to check your inbox for a message from us so that we can further assist! 

0 Kudos