Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RSteel
Binge Watcher

How to restore a purchased app on a new Roku device

I purchased the IP camera viewer pro app previously. When I switched over to the Roku ultra I tried to add the app but it says I have to purchase the app again. Is there a procedure to restore previously purchased apps on a new device? I've contacted the app developer and he referred me to Roku support. And of course Roku support told me to contact the developer. The developer says all he does is maintain the app. Also stated that Roku has a problem with happening all the time.

4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to restore a purchased app on a new Roku device

App purchases are tied to your Roku account, so if this new device was linked to the same Roku account as the previous device where you made the purchase it should transfer over to the new device.  If you still have the old device, check the email address that's displayed under Settings->System->About and see if it matches the one on your new Ultra.  You can also see your purchases at https://my.roku.com , so if it doesn't show up there then it's not going to show up on your new Ultra.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RSteel
Binge Watcher

Thanks for replying. It does show up in my purchases. The email address and account is the same. However when trying to add the app still says please pay 4.99 for the pro version. Actually it all started when my old Roku device was updated to version 11. After the update on my old device the IP camera pro app just disappeared. When I tried adding it back it didn't recognize that I had already paid for it. I've been dealing with this issue for over a year. Still not resolved. Usually when there's a new device detected by apps there's always a "restore purchase" option however not the case here. I've even took a screenshot of my receipt and sent it to Roku support but no response. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

renojim

Hopefully @Hector-Roku or @Natan-Roku or one of the other Roku people can help.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy

@RSteel-

When installing an app to which you have a pre-existing subscription, you typically have to log into that app using your credentials for that service.

Look around carefully for the way to do this.  If it is not giving you this option directly on the app's home screen, look in places like "Settings", "Options", "Account", or similar.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos