Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephanesaurus
Channel Surfer

How to reinstall without paying

Jump to solution

I was having issues with a Roku app called Roksbox xStream and was instructed by a Roku employee to try reinstalling it. When I went to download the app, it was asking me to pay again. How do I reinstall an app that I’ve already paid for? I emailed Roku’s customer support, but never received a reply.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to reinstall without paying

Jump to solution

@stephanesaurus 

That is unexpected. I'm going to tag @Jeremiah-Roku who actually works for Roku and who handles billing issues. Normally, you should also use the form at https://support.roku.com/contactus and fill out a billing issue. Essentially, what you're saying is that you bought an app and it's not showing for you.

Before you do that, though, let's try some troubleshooting.

Go to https://my.roku.com and log in. Then, click the View your purchase history link. It should show all the purchases that are tied to your Roku account.

Do you see the app listed? If so, have that information ready for the billing issue form and for @Jeremiah-Roku when that contact is made.

If you don't see it, then perhaps you have more than one Roku account? When the purchase was made, you should have received an email invoice/receipt. Find that if you can. Anything like that may be helpful.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@stephanesaurus 

That is unexpected. I'm going to tag @Jeremiah-Roku who actually works for Roku and who handles billing issues. Normally, you should also use the form at https://support.roku.com/contactus and fill out a billing issue. Essentially, what you're saying is that you bought an app and it's not showing for you.

Before you do that, though, let's try some troubleshooting.

Go to https://my.roku.com and log in. Then, click the View your purchase history link. It should show all the purchases that are tied to your Roku account.

Do you see the app listed? If so, have that information ready for the billing issue form and for @Jeremiah-Roku when that contact is made.

If you don't see it, then perhaps you have more than one Roku account? When the purchase was made, you should have received an email invoice/receipt. Find that if you can. Anything like that may be helpful.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Jeremiah-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DBDukes Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Hi @stephanesaurus - We can see on our end that you were routed to our billing team and they were able to help you out! Glad to see. You also mentioned having an original issue with the Roksbox not loading properly (original community thread can be found here) - please keep us posted if things have gotten better with your new uploads.

Happy Streaming!
Jeremiah-Roku
0 Kudos
stephanesaurus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, they were kind enough to reimburse me! And will do!

bpkengor1

Jump to solution

Jeremiah,

i paid for a Roksbox account/membership/whatever a long time ago but have not used Roksbox for several years.   i can see a Paypal payment from back in 2011.  i think my Roxsbox username is bpkengor.   the paypal receipt suggests a userid of 9155.   i tried resetting the password to no avail.    any chance to resurrect that account?   

regards,

Bob Kennedy

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @bpkengor1

Thanks for the post.

For account concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Account & Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose Accounts, payments & subscriptions. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos