Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: How to recover a device I accidentally unlinked from my Roku account?

Jump to solution

@Cmarie0115If you have more than one Roku device linked to an account a factory reset will add all of your existing channels to the home page just as your method did. Sometimes a factory reset is necessary. However I agree that Roku should make it clear that if you unlink a device you can reactivate the device without doing a factory reset by just trying to add streaming channels.

Jump to solution

I uninstalled then reinstalled Roku app. Turn your phone, tv and router off for about 3 minutes.  Then turn router and phone back on. Open roku app, select devices. Your devices that were link should pop back up. This may take a few minutes to restore the devices.  Hope this helps anyone out.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I accidentally unlinked a roku device from an account.  Now how can not get the device back? Do i have to factory rest the device to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bobbyd16471,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your concern that you accidentally unlink your Roku device to your account.

If you accidentally unlink your Roku device, you can simply link the device again to your account just like you did with the initial setup. You don't need to perform a factory reset.

Learn How to activate or link your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support for activation help.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Danny10

Jump to solution

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I unlinked my account from my TCL Roku TV by error and in addition to this, the original remote of the TV is broken, so I just can only have access from the mobile app or the universal controller that you normally find at Best Buy. but, you lost all your access from other devices in a full reset of your tv, you going to need that original remote. but... there is another way.  

This is what I did. 

Before starting, if you unliked this TCL Roku TV (TLC model 43s424) you have to reset to the factory setting. I didn't find another way to do it. I don't have the manuals from the TV anymore, so, the reset to factory settings is the way to go.

1. Reset the TV to the original configuration from the menu settings of your TV.

2. You going to realize, after the reset, that you don't have control of your TV anymore and you need the original remote. Even the universal remote doesn't work 😞

3. go begin your TV, find a little hold that says reset and press de bouton.

Your TV is going to reset and it is going to show you a blue screen with a couple of options. With your universal controller (mine is a model RC-GZ1,  you get it on best buy, waltmart, etc) you going to find that in this menu YOU CAN CONTROL EVERYTHING. Connect to your internet (wireless or not) and at the end of this step it is going to ask you If you want to go back and configure the tv, select the correct option and that's going to send you to the normal red screen (the normal interface user)

4. At this point you should have the control with your universal remote and you can follow the instructions on screen to reconfigure your Roku account, if not, check if the power button of your controller works.

If you can turn off/on your tv, but you can't use the other buttons, you have to reset your universal remote (with the little button rest or pressing the button with the house logo and the arrow logo at the same time).

5. You going to see on your tv a window that shows you that the remote is been resenting, wait until a green check appears on the screen and there you go. 

6. Follow the instructions on the screen to configure your internet. then it is going to ask you for your Roku account, enter your email and is going to send you an email to confirm that you are adding a new device, and that's it. 

(Sorry for my English, it is not my first language )

JPandoraM-04
0 Kudos
DomJuJu

Jump to solution

I've seen it mentioned in a few posts in this conversation (thanks!), but repeating it here for visibility:

The trick is that the option to log back into your account is *NOT* under "Settings" (as one would expect) but is found by going to "Streaming Channels" / "Get Started" => this will start the login process so you can recover your personal setup.

Unfortunately Roku's online documentation does not explain this properly.

0 Kudos