Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stljohnd

Re: I mistakenly unlinked my device in my Roku account. How can I recover it?

Jump to solution

Is the Roku moderator still reading these posts?

0 Kudos
stljohnd

Jump to solution

Re: By the way, My Linked Devices in my account can easily cause misclick and I would suggest that Roku can modify this to prevent any misclicking.

AND I suggest a method to reconnect the device (complete with authentication) and also a very strong worded warning of the effects of "unlink".

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You are going to have to do a factory reset to link the device to your account.  When you do all of your previous channels (apps) will be restored.  You will have to login to some of your channels again.  This is not a difficult process.  

stljohnd

Jump to solution

Guess what?  I did the factory reset and am in the process of linking all the channels (user IDs and passwords).  A real pain.  

I went to my android Roku App to see if the "Account does not match" problem went away, and it is still there.  I really wish I never went down this path. 

Exact steps to get to the problem:

Android, Roku remote app, version 8.2.0.939193, Click the magnifying glass icon to Search for "Sleepy Time", choose "Sleepy Time (2020), View Options, at the bottom, click "HappyKids free".  That is one example where I get the "Account does not match" problem.

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @stljohnd we appreciate you taking the time and consideration to share your feedback. We can see how that can be an issue. We have been keeping up with this thread and we will pass this along to our internal team! 

0 Kudos
AngelaExum0777
Reel Rookie

Re: How to recover a device I accidentally unlinked from my Roku account?

Jump to solution

@Woods1961 wrote:

I mistakenly unlinked my Roku device from my Roku account. Can any of you give me a hint how I can recover my Roku device link to my account? Thank you in advance! Woods

0 Kudos
AngelaExum0777
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
ginasssss

Jump to solution

Ok same question only I also can't do the factory reset because the TCL Roku tv is set in "guest mode" and so I can't even reset it.  HELP

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ginasssss,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cmarie0115

Jump to solution

I agree- having to factory reset is annoying (unlike what other people are saying). I did the same thing and unlinked my account..before doing a factory reset after reading this thread I looked around one more time. I went under streaming channels and it had me put my roku email in then it sent me another activation email which allowed me to get all of my channels back. Kinda sad that roku doesn’t even know how to tell people this. Only thing that sucked was having to resign in my apps

0 Kudos