Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MADAMSON

How does anyone ever speak to a live person to handle a double billing problem

Jump to solution

I recently noticed on my bank statement that I was being billed through Roku for my Philo subscription - I also saw where PHILO was billing me for the same service periods. I have been double billed and paying for the same subscription twice a month. I would like to speak to a person who can help fix this problem - it is not right to get paid 2 times for the same thing. HOW TO SPEAK TO A HUMAN???? ARE THERE ANY????

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How does anyone ever speak to a live person to handle a double billing problem

Jump to solution

Hi @Donald2008,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community! 

I understand from your message that you wanted to change your billing date.

Please be informed that there is no available option to change the billing date in any of your subscriptions. However, we suggest that you cancel the current subscription and then resubscribe again on the exact date when you want to get billed monthly. That way you will be able to have the billing date that you desire. 

Note: Subscriptions are pre-paid, non-refundable, and will auto-renew until you cancel your subscription. When you cancel a subscription, the cancellation will not take effect until the next renewal date and you may be entitled to continue to access the channel until then.

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Roku Support at https://support.roku.com/contactus and you'll be able to send an email request there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: How does anyone ever speak to a live person to handle a double billing problem

Jump to solution

Pick whichever one you want to keep and cancel the other?

The direct Philo sub has the advantage of being usable on non-Roku devices.

The Roku sub has the advantage of automatically transferring to each Roku you buy.

Most people seem to prefer the former, and with the Philo sub, you'll be dealing with their tech support which you may find easier to contact.  Either way just keep one and drop the other.

0 Kudos
Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @MADAMSON, we noticed your post about your Philo subscription. We understand that paying for a subscription twice is not fun. Help is on the way!

We'll be sending a DM your way. Please keep an eye on your inbox for us to help further.

MADAMSON

Jump to solution

Thank you sooooo much. It is frustrating trying to solve issues when you can't speak to someone. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Jeanetteweber03 Try logging in to your Roku account on a computer.  Go to the support tab, select account, payment & subscriptions, scroll to the bottom of the page and select agent support check support options.  You will not get a live person but you can see your subscriptions and go from there asking for email support or live phone support.

0 Kudos
reddwarf3

Jump to solution

i tried to cancel the peacock account with you since i already have a peacock account with peacock. you charged me but there is no option to cancel. can i be refunded since this just happened today? how do i cancel? it was a renewal,

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@reddwarf3, this "community" is mostly about users helping other users.  You need to contact Roku at https://support.roku.com/contactus .  Use the option for "Account, payments & subscriptions".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Donald2008

Jump to solution

I need to talk to a live person about changing my billing date

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Donald2008,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community! 

I understand from your message that you wanted to change your billing date.

Please be informed that there is no available option to change the billing date in any of your subscriptions. However, we suggest that you cancel the current subscription and then resubscribe again on the exact date when you want to get billed monthly. That way you will be able to have the billing date that you desire. 

Note: Subscriptions are pre-paid, non-refundable, and will auto-renew until you cancel your subscription. When you cancel a subscription, the cancellation will not take effect until the next renewal date and you may be entitled to continue to access the channel until then.

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Roku Support at https://support.roku.com/contactus and you'll be able to send an email request there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator