Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Generic_Member
Reel Rookie

How do I login to streaming services purchased from ROKU.com on other devices?

I purchased several streaming services during the black Friday special and I cannot login to those services directly with the credentials from Roku. I've loaded the Roku channel for the Fire TV but it doesn't list the services individually, I have to search for programs. Are the premium channels only accessible through the Roku app? Any chance Roku will remedy this with credentials so that I can access the channels as intended on other devices? Yeah, I know, useless and wishful thinking. Just a rant, but wanted to voice my displeasure.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Generic_Member
Reel Rookie

Re: How do I login to streaming services purchased from ROKU.com on other devices?

As an addendum to the above post. I cannot access the premium channels I paid for on any device other than a Roku. Even the Roku app, when loaded on other devices, will not display the premium channels. I was not told this when I purchased the premium channels. How do I access the premium channels I paid for on devices other than Roku devices?

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: How do I login to streaming services purchased from ROKU.com on other devices?

@Generic_MemberUnfortunately you can't. Almost all channels purchased through Roku can only be viewed on a Roku device. As has been posted here many times if you have any devices other than Roku you should not purchase channels through Roku.

0 Kudos

So let's say my Roku TV breaks for any reason I can't use shudder because I subscribed through Roku???? Why would I ever use Roku to be able to use other apps???

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Sou1crusher, that's why most people here would recommend always subscribing directly with the provider and bypassing third parties like Roku, Amazon, Apple, etc.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos