Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HBO Max added with random account!??

I just had the same problem,  I fired up my ROKU and then HBO-MAX and someone else profiles were on the screen.  the email address for the account was someone I don't know.  I signed out and all is okay now, but how the **bleep** is this happening.

0 Kudos
vcampos

Any resolution on this issue? The same thing is happening to me. 

0 Kudos
vcampos

This is what worked for me. I signed out from the HBO Max account then logged in using my credentials. Still not sure how the heck this other account got added. 

0 Kudos
VeePeeCee
Reel Rookie

sign out man and then make your own, that easy

Victor Chavez
0 Kudos
Biophase
Reel Rookie

Just happened to me today with a brand new tv.

0 Kudos
Jimmydonc
Binge Watcher

yeah, i fixed it a long time ago on my Tv. i just think it was nuts that i was able yo access a random person’s account at all. hopefully roku (or hbo?) have fixed the security issue! 

0 Kudos
KellyF

Brand new Roku HBO Max channel with someone else log in

I have tried everything.  Factory reset three times with no changes.  Someone else's information is in HBO Max and Hulu.  I bought it brand new or assumed it was.  I followed all directions and have wasted so much time.  I have also deleted the app, did a restart, then a factory reset.  Still no luck. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Brand new Roku with someone else log in

When doing a factory reset trhe roku has to be powered, and hold the reset for at least 30 seconds. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
KellyF

That didn't work.  I am more surprised that I got a new one with someone else's info, including their email and all the family birthdays.  Roku support did not help.  He told me to call HBO...Really?  So that will be the last time I buy a roku.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You're not the first one to report this weird HBO login, but it's totally on HBO.  They've got some kind of problem.                                          

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos