Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d4d4
Reel Rookie

Gift a ROKU and Subscriptions

I would like to give a family member a ROKU and pay for their subscriptions. Can I send one of my used units until they decide to cut their cable. or must it be a new unit? They may not want the same subscription services I select. Will it need to be a separate Account? Thank you - d4

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Gift a ROKU and Subscriptions

You can send a used Roku device that's linked to your account and any subscriptions you have through Roku would be available to them.  Bear in mind that any purchases or subscriptions they make will be charged to whatever payment method that's attached to your Roku account.  In addition, any channels/apps they add or remove would be added or removed from all Roku devices linked to your account.  Any subscriptions you have directly with a provider (e.g., Netflix, Hulu, etc.) that you've already signed into would also be available.

I'm not trying to give any advice on whether this is a good idea or not; just trying to let you know how things work.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos