Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Roku or your charged money for it

I got a call from this guy today saying my roku account is going to expire in the next few day unless I pay them again... I said you told me it was good for 5 years. I told him I'm not going to pay.. I think your a scam

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Free Roku or your charged money for it

@Butterfly26 

It is a scam.  There is no charge to use a Roku device. (other than the price of the physical Roku unit).

Not quite sure what you meant about the 5-year statement.  If you paid someone to setup your Roku device in the past, there is a chance your device will be locked into a guest account. (known tactic by scammers).

If this occurs, (or before this occurs), Factory Reset your device and start a new account with a brand new email address.  No one but the user is needed to setup a Roku device or a Roku account.  There is never any cost to setup a Roku device or account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Jeremiah-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: Free Roku or your charged money for it

Hi @Butterfly26, thanks for bringing this to our attention.  Let's take this to a private message. Be on the lookout for that!

Happy Streaming!
Jeremiah-Roku
chrigid
Binge Watcher

I'm being charged $6.99 a month by roku for several months now. What is this for?

I'm being charged $6.99 a month by roku for several months now. What is this for?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I'm being charged $6.99 a month by roku for several months now. What is this for?

@chrigid, have you checked your subscriptions at https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions ?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: I'm being charged $6.99 a month by roku for several months now. What is this for?

Hi @chrigid! We're happy to see you reached out through Roku Community regarding your $6.99 monthly charge. We can definitely look into this to determine where the charges are coming from. Please keep an eye out in your inbox for a message coming from us so that we can further assist!

0 Kudos
chrigid
Binge Watcher

yes

0 Kudos