Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weathm

DuckTV App canceling on its own

I have a very weird issue that just started happening. I have subscribed to DuckTV for several months now but on 12/16 I received an email that my subscription had been canceled but I could still use it through the subscription period.

Unfortunately, I could not use it through the end of my subscription period so I repurchased the app on 12/18. Last night I get an email stating that my subscription was canceled again. I called customer support this morning and they cannot see what is happening and the only thing they can suggest is that someone who has access to my Roku's is canceling it. I seriously doubt that is the case.

Has anyone had this issue before? There is no option to cancel the app on the Roku itself and no one has access to my account except for me. It was working fine for 4 months or so until now. I did get a refund but it's a shame this is happening.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: DuckTV App canceling on its own

@weathm

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our Support team directly here for your 'Account, payments & subscriptions' issue. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
weathm

Hi Danny,

This is not a solution. I have already contacted customer support twice, which I stated in my original post.

They are not able to see who canceled my subscription or what device may have canceled it.

I also called customer support this morning and received a refund for what happened.

I am looking for others that have run into this issue. The app is canceling on its own without any input from the user.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Go to your account at https://my.roku.com and scroll down to "Linked devices".  Do you recognize all of them?  Make sure the email address that's displayed under Settings->System->About is yours and the same one you're using to log in on the website.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
weathm

Hi Renojim,

I checked all of the linked devices and they are all recognized devices. I have them specifically labeled for each person and location.

I haven't been able to check all TV settings but I am 100% all TVs are on my account.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@weathm

Thanks for the follow up.

If you are already in touch with out Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them as they would best be able to assist you moving forward regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos