Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Credit Card Charge But No Subscription or Invoice on Account

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously in this thread, for account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TommyWaze

Jump to solution

Complete waste of time to go through the support site and email! It's insane for a company to not offer online chat with a representative or have a designated customer service telephone number,.  I'm disputing an unauthorized ROKU charge for MLBTV with AMEX.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TommyWaze,

We appreciate your post.

I can see that you’ve been in contact with our Support team regarding your billing inquiry and the Support team responded via email recently for an update, if you have any follow-up questions please let them know and we'll continue assisting from there.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Pau22

Jump to solution

They are stealing thousands of dollars from their users and no subscriptions or eay to resolve it.  Getting tired of call your bank, they'll cancel your account!

How about tell us the truth that you are thieves for 4.99/mo and no accountability.  

Ciao

0 Kudos
BrittneyDashae
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I too have been getting charged for STARZ and the ROKU CHANNEL long  after I cancelled both and when I reached out to the support team they kept telling me there was no invoice for the charges yet it’s coming off my card continuously this is ridiculous 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @BrittneyDashae

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Since you were in contact with one of our Billing representatives, we would recommend continuing to work with them as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

We appreciate your understanding. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ProGuy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Don't waste your time trying to work directly with ROKU. The only thing that worked for me was calling my actual credit card company and telling them I would not authorize any payments to ROKU for anything at all. The fact that they charge automatically and do not generate an invoice is illegal.

ROKU is going to find themselves with class action very soon. I tell everybody I know to NOT every authorize ROKU due to these obviously deceptive thefts and their unwillingness to even address the issue. Their suggestions to keep working with their billing department ... who frankly I never could get their attention .... is obscene.

Worst case scenario is asking your credit card company to issue you a new credit card number and a new credit card. They will advise you at this point to make sure you contact anybody with recurring payments to make sure you are not affected.

ROKU is a profound disappointment and it is frightening to think that their revenue streams rely on fraud. Don't put up with it for a minute and don't think your CC company is not going to help. They will ... you just have to let them know. Mine couldn't get in touch with them either!

When the action emerges we all should throw our names in the hat. It seems to be the only thing that gets dishonest companies attention. ROKU should be ashamed ... but that would cost to much. Congress should address recurring charges on all types of businesses

Having links to no invoices ... that's madness!

ROKU ... you are free to email me directly ... you've obviously got my email.

Virgo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND ROKU CHARGED ME AND THEN NOW THEY HAVE NO PURCHASE OF IT ON THEIR END WHAT KIND OF SCAM ARE YOU RUNNING I HAD MONEY TAKEN OUT OF MY ACCT USING ROKU AND YOU ASKED ME FOR MY PIN SO YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD IT IN YOUR RECORDS THE CHANNEL WAS VIDGO I WILL NEVER ORDER THIS CHANNEL AGAIN 

0 Kudos
TisB
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem!! I CONTINUE to be charged for the Peacock channel SEPARATELY from my Roku monthly charges, BUT the phone # attached to the separate charge IS the # for Roku!! Under my account, it shows NO Peacock subscription YET I'VE been charged for months now & CANNOT get ANY resolution!! REALLY ticking me off!!😡🤬

0 Kudos
Chatley

Jump to solution

There seems to be a continuous theme in all of these posts. I have scrolled thru page after page of the same complaint that I have myself. The disturbing thing is that I have yet to see anything about a successful resolution. I guess Roku is to big to care about the people who make them possible. What a shame. If they only knew what a harsh impact that $30 charge is (for service I don't subscribe to )  for some people. It's sick. Please don't bother responding with the same canned answer about contacting billing. I need a real solution.