Account, payments & subscriptions

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
droberts76
Level 7

Charges accrued for services I did not purchase

Jump to solution

While going over my online banking statement I discovered a charge in the amount of $12.08 from Roku for Disney (816-2728107). I logged on to my Roku account and it stated that I did not have any active subscriptions (I certainly didn't remember making any changes) and when I checked my account history it shows the last time I purchased anything was in 2017. It's virtually impossible to speak with a human, so I filled out the request online to have the charge refunded and for this to not occur again. In return I received an email about Roku's privacy updates. I went back to check my online banking today and found two new PENDING charges, Roku for ESPN and Roku for Peacock. I then called my bank and she told me I would have to deal with Roku's customer service and gave me a number to call. The number referred me to the exact same website I visited yesterday. I began examining my online banking further and found four more charges that I missed in November. I have since filed a dispute with my bank, , another complaint with Roku, and now canceled my debit card. I'm not only out $75.82 in fraudulent charges, but time, and unnecessary anguish over this situation. Do better Roku. You are a big company. Tighten up your security. Stealing from hard-working people will land you in hot water. Literally. Also, do better serving the public. It's almost as if you HAVE things you hide. Customer service shouldn't be this much of a hassle. Shame on you. I will be sharing this post on all my social media.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Charges accrued for services I did not purchase

Jump to solution

@droberts76

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our Support team directly here for your 'Account, payments & subscriptions' issue. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@droberts76

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our Support team directly here for your 'Account, payments & subscriptions' issue. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
droberts76
Level 7

Jump to solution

I did and got no help. Shocking, right. Woke up to a new charge today and a new grievance filed with my bank and the BBB. I hope someone get compensated for all the grief this company puts people through.

0 Kudos
droberts76
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hey Danny. How about you actually do some customer service personally instead of having a blanket email response. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @droberts76

Thank you for keeping in touch!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, however, as much as we wanted to help you, only the billing team can best help you to resolve your concern. Please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Level 14

Jump to solution

@droberts76 If you have not done so you need to login to your Roku account on a computer and go to manage subscriptions.  If the subscriptions you mentioned are not there it is likely you either have a second Roku account with a different email or the charges are not actually from Roku and they will not be able to assist you.  If the subscriptions are listed you can unsubscribe there.  I also suggest adding a PIN to make purchases while you are logged into your Roku account.

0 Kudos