Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmboyd74

Charged without subscription

I keep getting charges for CBS Sports and I don’t have the subscription. It’s not even on my account purchase history list.  I addressed this with PayPal and said I approved the purchased.  Anyone one dealing with this? Tips to resolve?  I’m thinking I might have to cancel Roku.  

2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Charged without subscription

Might there be other users on your system who may have subscribed without your knowledge?

You can verify the subscriptions you have through Roku by logging into your account at https://my.roku.com/subscriptions.  If you choose to unsubscribe from any of them, you can do it there.

If you have multiple Rokus, check the email address shown on each of them via Settings > System > About.  If any shows a different address it is linked to a different account.  Log into that account to check for subscriptions too.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Charged without subscription

@Jmboyd74-

I just went into the CBS Sports Roku app and I can't find anything about it being a channel to which you can subscribe for a fee.  You can log into it with the credentials from a tv provider account (such as satellite, cable, or any of several streaming options that provide local broadcast channels) or with credentials from a Paramount Plus account.

The Roku Channel store page for CBS Sports indicates it is a product of CBS Interactive, and the Paramount Plus page says the same.  Might this really be the charge for a paid subscription to Paramount Plus?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos