Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged from Apple ID and Roku for same subscription

Jump to solution

I purchased @peacock premium plus through my Apple ID and it renewed today (3/7/2023) and then signed in on my Roku device BUT it isn’t showing that I purchased the peacock premium plus and when I try to check which subscription I have on Apple ID it says premium plus yet it doesn’t show that on my Roku device and I can’t manage it because it says “billed through Roku” even though Roku subscriptions says it was cancelled in Jan2023. Something isn’t matching up. I’ve used the same email and password for both so I’m not sure how to correct this. I’m being charged 2x every month

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Charged from Apple ID and Roku for same subscription

Jump to solution

Hi @Mickmurphy7 

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose Accounts, payments & subscriptions. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mickmurphy7 

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose Accounts, payments & subscriptions. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Keithcre

Jump to solution

Same thing happened with me, with Artcast. I purchased it through Apple. And on the Roku app, it will not allow me to sign in. It wants me to try a trial for seven days and then to charge me $2.99 every month. I spent 59.99 annually for the app through Apple. Not to mention that everything that I see in my Apple app I don’t even see half of it on the Roku app.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Keithcre, in general when you buy something through someone it comes with restrictions.  If you buy something through Roku it's generally only available on Roku devices.  It's stated in the fine print that nobody bothers to read.  Anything bought through Apple may have the same restrictions.  It's almost always better to cut out the middleman and subscribe to something directly with the provider.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos