Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel the Mlb app. My team does not stream.

I purchased the MLB app but does not stream my team.  I want to cancel the app and get a refund.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Cancel the Mlb app. My team does not stream.

Hi @Jackpmyers1948

Thank you for the inquiry!

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team.
Please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions" and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cancel the Mlb app. My team does not stream.

The MLB app streams OUT OF MARKET games only.  If you live in the market area claimed by that team, streaming of its games on MLB will be blacked out for you, and you'll have to watch their games via outlets available to you in your area, such as over-the-air local broadcasts, or in most cases these days, through a local sports network that you may need a paid service to view.

MLB works great for me because I don't live in the home area of my favorite team.  I'm a (beleaguered) Pittsburgh Pirate fan living in the home area for the Atlanta Braves.  I can't stream Braves games on the MLB app, no matter who they are playing, but I can stream all other games.  So this year I've been able to watch my Pirates lose to just about everybody. Smiley Sad

Explanation of the blackout policy would have been made available to you when you subscribed, although, if you're like most of us, you may not have bothered to read it.

Like most other subscriptions, MLB is prepaid and non-refundable.  Also like most other subscriptions, it auto-renews when your subscription period runs out unless you cancel before then.  If you cancel, it will stay active for the balance of your pre-paid period but will not then renew automatically.  If you subscribed monthly, cancel now and you won't have to pay any more months.  If you paid annually you're in it until February, although they'll quit charging after the October payment.

Those are the terms you agreed to when you subscribed.  It doesn't hurt to try to get a refund, but don't be surprised if they hold you to your agreement.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos