Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VTbears
Binge Watcher

Can't access Guest Mode settings on Account page online

Starting today, it appears the ability is not working to access guest mode settings via the Account page online (to change guest greetings, or turn on or off Guest Mode remotely).

For those of us who use Roku for its ability to greet guests (at say, an Airbnb) with a personalized message, this is a BIG issue. Without the ability to change the greeting, all guests will now be greeted with name of the guest from 9/1/22.

Can we can an urgent response from development about this change?

FYI, I have checked and this is true across browser types, accounts, and devices.

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
VTbears
Binge Watcher

Re: Can't access Guest Mode settings on Account page online

UPDATE: This is working again today (9/3/22)

0 Kudos
LRR3

How did you get this resolved.  I am having same issue today.  My guest is also unable to get past the check out date screen.

0 Kudos
VTbears
Binge Watcher

Last time it resolved on its own (I'm not sure what Roku did on its end). I am now having the issue again, and it's a very big problem.

0 Kudos
VTbears
Binge Watcher

This issue cleared up earlier this week, but is back as of yesterday. I have multiple Roku accounts, with dozens of devices, accessing through different internet service providers in different places, and I've tried the web interface on different browsers and devices. It seems that this is an issue that is likely affecting every Roku streaming device right now.

If there are others watching this situation, it would be great to get more input, as Support says they are not able to escalate any issue to the operations team, the only way they will find out this is broken may be if the forums are more vocal.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
VTbears
Binge Watcher

This is STILL NOT WORKING FOR ANY ROKU USERS.

I just bought 3 new Roku TVs, created a brand new account, set up a new ISP connection at a new place to test, and I am unable to change the Guest Mode status or message remotely.

0 Kudos
Beachi
Reel Rookie

Same problem here with multiple addresses. A fix would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
VTbears
Binge Watcher

It’s now been a week. Roku support, to my knowledge, has not been able to communicate this to IT Operations or the Development team, despite this issue affecting every Roku device in the world.

0 Kudos
Beachi
Reel Rookie

I have 7 devices that will not respond to guest mode from the my account website. A fix would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
VTbears
Binge Watcher

My Roku devices demo Roku to thousands of people a year. Right now the impression they are left with is not optimal, and I'm now starting to look for better solutions, since it's been 10 Days that Roku has not addressed an issue that affects EVERY one of their devices. Support has been unable...? to raise the issue to operations or development, or simply test for the issue themselves, which would take about a minute.

0 Kudos