Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coneofsilence
Channel Surfer

Black Friday $0.99 premium special, I thought it was 2 months only.

Jump to solution

I subscribed to four special 99 cent per month for 2 months, Roku premium channels Thanksgiving week. I went into the manage subscription section of my account to cancel them before they went back to the normal price. I was surprised to see this by all 4 channels subscriptions: 

Your next payment of $0.99 will automatically be applied on Jan 23, 2023.

I'm confused if I'm only going to be charged 99 cents I do not want to cancel, but if I'm only going to be charged full price I want to cancel. What's going on?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Black Friday $0.99 premium special, I thought it was 2 months only.

Jump to solution

@coneofsilence

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our Support team directly here for your 'Account, payments & subscriptions' issue. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @prod

Thank you for the inquiry!

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team.
Please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions" and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@coneofsilence

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our Support team directly here for your 'Account, payments & subscriptions' issue. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
ROBOTKU
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Exactly!  Same for me. 

Makes you wonder if you will be out $9.99 when it says $0.99 for a third month ...or will it stay $0.99 for 3, 6, or 12 months?

I already turned off auto-renew for the ones that had a lack of content.  No point in paying anything for nothing.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Did it charge you .99 or 9.99?

0 Kudos
prod
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i see the same thing.  am getting ready to cancel the 99cent a month from the holiday paramount plus promo through roku, but the cancel page is showing that on feb 1 i would still only be charged 99cents again? did they extend the monthly offer???

0 Kudos
ROBOTKU
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I called and spoke to a rep at Roku. I explained the situation in detail (2 or 3 times) and as expected the rep just went in circles and kept telling me the same thing as if she didn't understand what I was getting at (but I know she knew what I was saying)   I even asked: Have you had other calls about this? She dodged that question.  I then said:  I'm just trying to figure out if it has been extended or not.  I then said: Well, I imagine you'll be getting thousands of calls here in the near future from people expecting refunds. 

After that phone call I decided to just drop the last trial I had anyway ...instead of having to call in again.  Either way, I imagine you could get a refund if you wanted to "see what happens" for the 3rd month. Their reps are nice and they answer pretty fast at least. 

Good Luck!

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @prod

Thank you for the inquiry!

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team.
Please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions" and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

prod
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

thanks for responding.  i went ahead and cancelled it also, did not want to have to play the refund nightmare game in hindsight, lol.  thanks again, have a great year.

ROBOTKU
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You're welcome,  and hey,  you saved at least $0.99!  

After I cancelled 2 others I started a new $0.99 trial with Showtime... decent movie selection this month compared to the past. 

As a back-up, I send myself "future" 2-month cancel reminders using Gmail "schedule send".

0 Kudos
smckme

Jump to solution

I saw the same thing last week (renewal for $0.99) when I went to cancel, so I let it go for another month. I was charged $9.99 a couple days ago. I see the suggestion to contact customer support for this, but that page never loads. Will someone from Roku contact me?

0 Kudos