Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JennK88888
Reel Rookie

Billing is an endless loop: Roku>Disney+>Hulu

It started with signing up for Disney+ via Roku.  Then upgrading Disney+ to have Hulu&Espn+. Well, I wanted to change to Hulu Live which includes those channels and I am stuck in a "insert the explicative of your choice here" loop trying to sort this out.  

It boils down to this.  I start on Hulu to upgrade, and I get the message about how I am not billed by Hulu to go to Disney+.  So I go to Disney+ and try to manage it and I get the same message about them, then I realize I did the purchase initially through Roku and to go back to them.

For the love of "insert your preferred deity here" can I catch a break here?  I want to buy more stuff and the system is doing everything it possibly can to make it impossible.

All the different instructions on this topic on all three sites just put me in loops of redirection.

I have tried the chat and phone calls and the wait times are insane.  I guess I can see why.

What is the trick to this?  

3 REPLIES 3
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Billing is an endless loop: Roku>Disney+>Hulu

Login to your Roku account on a computer.  Cancel your subscription to Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+.  Hulu should give you credit for any remaining balance once you sign up for the Hulu plus live TV package with Hulu.  Once you have cancelled on the Roku site you should be able to sign up for the package you want on the Hulu website.  

If this does not work the phone number for Hulu is 888-265-6650.  I had a somewhat similar situation when I changed to Hulu Live and Hulu was very helpful.  

0 Kudos
JennK88888
Reel Rookie

Thanks, it's quite frustrating to get caught in the in-between with all three services, you'd think that there would be better management of it all but it's far too complex. So easy to click the button to add the channel but not easy for the customer to sort out how to work through it after the fact, or for FAQs on their sites to not suggest this nested web of redirection that could possibly happen due to the way they set things up for sure.  Does it take time for the site to reset itself after you do the cancellations?

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

It should take very little time for the cancellation to occur.  When I did it by the time I changed websites on my computer browser the cancellation had happened.  However, I was canceling billing from Disney and going to billing from Hulu.

0 Kudos