Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DuddyB

Being charged for ESPN when I did not order it

Jump to solution

I check my bank statement today and I received a charge for $69.99 from Roku for ESPN. I never signed up for this. My girlfriend is the only other person in the house and she doesn’t watch any sports. It’s not in my purchase history nor my subscriptions. Not to mention I was home all day working and I didn’t add anything. Now I guess I’m stuck with something I have no access to and never wanted in the first place. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Being charged for ESPN when I did not order it

Jump to solution

Hello @DuddyB

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Pimp

Jump to solution

I need a phone number

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @DuddyB

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku doesn't have a phone number for support.

However, you mentioned that there is no subscription shown under your user account. In that case, Roku is not billing you. Scammers will submit bogus charges onto a credit card number they find online and put Roku in the biller's name, hoping you'll ignore it and just pay the charge. Especially for the cost you listed, that don't sound like a legitimate charge. I would contest the charge with your CC company and force the biller to provide more information.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

$69.99 is the cost for a yearly subscription to ESPN +.  I would try to contact ESPN + at  1 (888) 549-3776.  They may be able to give you more information about your subscription which appears to not be through Roku.  

0 Kudos
nana69

Jump to solution

I got put on a free week that I didn't ask for. If I hadn't noticed the $1 charge that they do before starting the $8.99/ month in a week I would have been paying for something I don't watch and didn't order. This isn't the first time this has happened.

0 Kudos
LikaPIka

Jump to solution

I just saw $108.00 subscription charge for ESPN on Roku, and I have no invoices or charges on Roku EVER. I will be contacting my bank to reject these charges! 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@LikaPIka wrote:

I just saw $108.00 subscription charge for ESPN on Roku, and I have no invoices or charges on Roku EVER. I will be contacting my bank to reject these charges! 

I think that is a wise thing to do. Even a legitimate charge for ESPN wouldn't be anywhere near that high. You also should consider that your CC information is likely compromised, and you should cancel your card and get it replaced. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LikaPIka

Thank you for the inquiry!

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team.
Please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions" and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,

Lianna

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@atc98092 The annual cost of an ESPN + subscription is $99.99 so with tax $108 does make sense.

@LikaPIka  Login to your Roku account on a phone or computer and go to manage subscriptions.  If the charge is from Roku it should be listed there.  While you are logged into Roku make sure you have set up a PIN to make purchases.  If the subscription is listed contact Roku to see if you can get a refund.  

0 Kudos