Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LIMEPUDDIN
Reel Rookie

App tells me I need an acct

Jump to solution

I'm watching a TV series on Roku, on my TV. No issues. Access to everything. I try watching on my Samsung s10, and the Roku app says this content isn't available without premium subscription. Yet....I can finish watching an episode on my phone if I've started watching on TV. But the next episode won't prompt on my phone. What's up with that?🤔😒

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: App tells me I need an acct

Jump to solution

If the issue is only on your Samsung device, then I’m afraid you would need to leave Samsung feedback here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If the issue is only on your Samsung device, then I’m afraid you would need to leave Samsung feedback here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@LIMEPUDDIN wrote:

I'm watching a TV series on Roku, on my TV. No issues. Access to everything. I try watching on my Samsung s10, and the Roku app says this content isn't available without premium subscription. Yet....I can finish watching an episode on my phone if I've started watching on TV. But the next episode won't prompt on my phone. What's up with that?

You didn't state the app you were using on Roku (there are thousands, after all, so that's important). Based on your saying you are using the Roku app on your Samsung phone, that indicates you were using Roku Channel on a Roku device to watch.

Is it content from a premium subscription (which can be purchased via Roku Channel, plus via other means)? Which one?

If you provided more information, to include the actual content you're trying to watch, that may be helpful. If we have enough information, we can attempt to replicate the problem. Once that's done, we can figure out how to fix it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

makaiguy

Jump to solution

Some premium services will allow you to watch an initial episode or two, maybe even a whole first season, for free but require a paid subscription to go beyond that point.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@makaiguy 

That's true. Who else does that? Oh yeah.

6lz0hm.jpg

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."