Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spinonedad

Re: Replace the dang channel numbers

Can’t get back to live tv either once you enter this maze of 1000 channels 

remember we have local stations too

tamlmn
Reel Rookie

I'm  trying to help sister set up her antenna tv on roku. She said she has no numbers. took a picture and she doesn't... How CRAZY.....

Mine still has numbers, does that mean I should never update my ROKU now so my numbers don't disappear?

tamlmn
Reel Rookie

Hi Roku community,

Does ROKU ever reply to any of these remarks. ????????????

wrechst
Reel Rookie

I don't think ROKU has the tech expertise to backout this change.  months now NO CHANNEL NUMBERS making the guide HARD TO USE...  probably contracted out to some IT person out of country who simply updated it WITH NO TESTING OR FEEDBACK...  PUT THE CHANNEL NUMBERS BACK THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

Segjag
Reel Rookie

Roku tvs are on the way out of my house and everyone else I know. If anyone asks me I’m going to tell them do not get Roku. Worst update ever! Time to lose all roku

I agree, what set ROKU apart before has now just become a huge liability for them. Who is going to buy a television that has NO CHANNELS? TV's have had channel numbers since they were invented and now ROKU thinks they are being innovative by changing all the channel line up to be completely random and then removing all the numbers so you can't find the station by topic anymore and you can't find it by the number, HA HA HA, now you have to try and learn a whole new system? Who thinks up this stupid crazy **bleep**? I mean seriously stupid ideas, piss off all your customers so they smash their tvs and tell all their friends what a waste of money a Roku tv will be, yep great marketing move. About as good as Gillette changing their shaving cream scent from what it was for over 100 years to some kind of cheap **bleep** smell that appeals to 17 year olds so their whole customer base switches to another product. Or Microsoft changing every location of every function and drop down menu with each upgrade so they sell training to a captive audience. This was probably some jackass decision because adding a new channel number was too hard for them so they opted to make it all random so it will be easier for them but they didn't think it through very well, they could have left the channels the way they were and just added the new channels to the end and it would have been better for their customers or left the numbers as they were and added the ability to filter by number so those who wanted it could still have it. Our company did the same thing and they too ruined their system and eliminated all the groupings they had spent years setting up. It made it easy for people to know the categories of products, changing it ruined their system just like ROKU has ruined theirs. Too bad too, I will never buy another Roku product, there are plenty of "SMART" tv's out their that actually have some intelligent features built in (and some intelligent programmers and decision makers working for them). LOL 

winston3338
Roku Guru

I don't know if you know yet, the.numbers are back. 

Hello, I was playing with a new soundbar and I had to do a factory reset and my channel numbers are back. I have a 32 inch Onn/Roku. 

Yep, I just checked again and I have channel numbers (for now) 

And I found this thread.. 

Remedy for disappearing channels on Roku TV 

Just a heads up, we will be performing some basic troubleshooting steps to fix the issue and hoping for your cooperation on this one.

Please do this in your end

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System
  4. Select Software update.

After the software update, proceed to system restart

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

0 Kudos
Segjag
Reel Rookie

Didn’t work for me

tsloper
Reel Rookie

My system was already on the latest version and build for my TCL Roku.

I used system update and system restart. Channel numbers still absent.

Version 12.5.0

Build 4176

Segjag
Reel Rookie

No numbers for me either

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.