Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CindyL256

I thought Roku was free? Why do I have a monthly charge for $11.98

Jump to solution

I noticed I have a monthly charge of $11.98 from Roku.  On my bank statement it says "The Roku Channel".  However, I don't see a subscription on my account for Roku, and I thought it was free after purchasing the Roku device.  Can someone help me understand, please???

Cindy L

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I thought Roku was free? Why do I have a monthly charge for $11.98

Jump to solution

Hi @CindyL256,

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We understand that you're having issues with the charge of the subscription, and we're here to help.

Please be advised that the Roku channel is free to access, but there are channels/programs in TRC (The Roku Channel) that need a subscription. Go to the Roku account on your computer or smartphone to check for your subscription. If prompted, sign in to your Roku account. Click on Manage your subscriptions. When the “My Subscriptions” page loads, you will find all your channel subscriptions billed by Roku, along with each subscription's terms, status, and renewal date. For more detailed information, you can visit our support article on how to manage or cancel a subscription.

We hope that's helpful. Happy Streaming!

All the best,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I thought Roku was free? Why do I have a monthly charge for $11.98

Jump to solution

Hi @CindyL256,

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We understand that you're having issues with the charge of the subscription, and we're here to help.

Please be advised that the Roku channel is free to access, but there are channels/programs in TRC (The Roku Channel) that need a subscription. Go to the Roku account on your computer or smartphone to check for your subscription. If prompted, sign in to your Roku account. Click on Manage your subscriptions. When the “My Subscriptions” page loads, you will find all your channel subscriptions billed by Roku, along with each subscription's terms, status, and renewal date. For more detailed information, you can visit our support article on how to manage or cancel a subscription.

We hope that's helpful. Happy Streaming!

All the best,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos