Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jasahn

Re: How to set up a Roku account without a credit card

Jump to solution

Can u get me to my Roku home screen 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Jasahn, we need a lot more information.  What are you trying to do?  To get to the Home Screen you press the Home button on your Roku remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Xib4

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Xib4

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you have about the concern you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help! How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
lmcharlot

Re: Can I activate without a credit card (Skip Roku Pay)

Jump to solution
eriknicholas posted:

"OR: In the URL/Address Bar, navigate to "https://my.roku.com/link/channels"
(that is the step the site instantly redirects you to after the previous link.)"

This method worked for me (April 14, 2023)!
NOTE: YOU HAVE TO COMPLETE ALL FOUR STEPS WITHIN 15 MINUTES, or the Activation Link you receive in Step 2 will expire and you will have to start from scratch.

Here's the steps I followed, using a new Roku:
1. Plug in the Roku to the TV or to an available HDMI pass-through port on a receiver. Go through the initial set-up on the TV. It's going to ask you for an email address.
2. When the Roku tells you to check your email, you should see a new email with an Activation link. Click this. You will be taken to Roku's website.
3. If you don't already have an account, create one. You will need to give them your name, create a password, and a date of birth (I suggest you don't give them your real one). After the basic setup questions, you will be taken to the Set up a Payment Method. Stop here, and close the window.

4. Open a new tab in your browser and paste in the URL that eriknicholas

provided: "https://my.roku.com/link/channels". This is where you can select channels to add to your Roku account. There will be 7 or 8 pages of these. You don't have to select any of them at this time, just go to the bottom of each page and click "Okay". When you get to the last page, you should see a message that "You are all set to go!" or something similar. Go back to the TV and click the "Home" button on the Roku remote. You should see the Home screen, and from here you can start browsing free content like on YouTube - without having to give them a credit card.

0 Kudos